The City of Lone Tree is seeking a student to participate in a temporary internship program to assist with Special Events related tasks.
Job Opening – Internship – Special Events
The City of Lone Tree is seeking a student to participate in a temporary internship program to assist with Special Events related tasks. The emphasis on this position will be assisting with the marketing, planning, coordination, execution and evaluation of events, including summer concerts, Independence Day Celebration Event and outdoor movie nights. In addition, the intern will assist with office administration and organization, research projects and writing, and other related duties and/or responsibilities assigned or requested.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (The following essential job functions and examples of duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive. Duties may be modified, added or deleted at the discretion of the Supervisor):
- Assist with event planning and management, including correspondence, production of event materials, development of event packets, schedules, etc.
- Develop event materials.
- Develop timelines and checklists to meet special event objectives.
- Assist with the recruitment, orientation and coordination of volunteers.
- Assist with the management of event logistics, including activities coordination, load in and load out, coordinate volunteers and risk management.
- Liaise with the public and City staff.
- Assist with event promotion and communication, including the development of marketing materials.
- Performs administrative support duties; creates, updates and tracks a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports, and technical and financial documents; prepares, assembles and distributes memoranda, letters, information packets, schedules, contracts and other communications.
- Regular schedule is Monday – Friday, however, the intern will be expected to be work some weekends, public holidays and evenings, when specific special events are scheduled and may exceed the 20 hour limit on occasion.… Read on
Salary COMPENSATION: $8.00 – $10.00 hourly
- Course credit can be provided upon request. We will work with your college/university to accommodate the requirements of your school’s internship program.
- Job Status: Temporary, part-time 15-20 hours per week
- Duration: Approx. 20 weeks •Commencement Date: April 2012
- End Date: August 2012
Published Feb 17, 2012, 12:00 AM
Closing Mar 02, 2012, 05:00 PM