Unfortunately, Smokin’ Brew BBQ has been canceled in 2016.
The Smoke and Brew BBQ is one of those must attend events that has become a tradition for Colorado locals on Labor Day Weekend. Don’t like crowds and over priced food at the Taste of Colorado downtown? Well this down home meat lovers festival is for you.
Smokin’ Brew BBQ 7th Annual
Along with the KCBS Sanctioned BBQ competition there are teams that will be vendors at the Smokin’ Brew offering samples of brisket, pulled pork, chicken, sausage, you name it. and there will be music all three days of the event. For the kids there will be bounce houses and some kid friendly food vendors.
Top BBQers to Compete in Seventh Annual Smokin’ Brew BBQ
Some of the country’s top barbecue experts will be in Parker to compete in the Seventh Annual Smokin’ Brew BBQ over the Labor Day weekend.
Hosted annually by the CCV Rotary Club of Parker and sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society, the Smokin’ Brew contest is expected to draw more than 20,000 people to the PACE Center parking lot to watch the BBQ competitors, eat some great BBQ and listen to a line-up of talented musicians.
Among the 2015 competitors are this season’s BBQ Pitmaster stars and two-time champion, Boyd Abts & Tim Grant of Truebud BBQ, who will be seeking a three-peat as Grand Champion; and Johnny Trigg, who is considered the godfather of BBQ, has also appeared on TLC network’s BBQ Pitmasters four times and is a two-time winner of the Jack Daniels’ World Championship BBQ Invitation.
They will be facing the likes of Travis Clark of Clark Crew BBQ, who currently is #1 in the nation; America Dream Team and Big Poppa Smokers, currently #3 and #4 in the country, respectively; the Colorado-based Backdraft BBQ, 28th in the country; and Burning Bob’s Butts and Bones, a team that has won the Rocky Mountain BBQ Team of the Year four times.
“We have an amazing group of award-winning BBQ vendors and competitors this year,” said Kevin Hausmann, president of the Rotary Club of Parker CCV. “I encourage you to grab your friends and family and come out to enjoy fantastic barbecue and free live entertainment….At the same time, you’ll be helping our Rotary Club raise funds for some great causes, such as the Parker Task Force, Project Sanctuary and other projects around the world.”
The 2015 event at the PACE Center will kick off at 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4. The festivities will conclude with an awards ceremony at 5 pm on Sunday, Sept. 6, after the judging of entries submitted by the 55 competitors who want a piece of the $8,500 in prize money.
In addition to the BBQ, guests can enjoy some great entertainment, which begins at 5 p.m. Friday with the Blush Band and the Bluzinators. The full entertainment lineup is listed below.
Smokin’ Brew BBQ Festival Parker CO
Along with theall the mouth-watering BBQ, there will be musical entertainment all three days of the event and there will be bounce houses and bungies for the kids.
Smokin’ Brew BBQ Labor Day Weekend Schedule
- Hours 4-10 p.m.
- 5-6 – The Blush Band, a Castle Rock group and winner of the Jam Out For Hunger Battle of the Bands.
- 7-10 p.m. – Bluzinators – Doug Root and his full band will perform a unique blend of swing and rhythm and blues in front of the home town crowd.
- 9:30 p.m. last call
- 10:00 p.m. CLOSED
- Hours 10 a.m – 10 p.m.
- 12 a.m. – 3 p.m. Blinker Fluid, a local favorite led by Bill Greer, is making a return performance.
- 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Leroy Miller, a guitarist with blues and rock influences who has collaborated with the likes of John Mayer and Smash Mouth. His music has been featured on TV shows, such as Arrested Development and Scrubs, and movies that include “10 Things I Hate About You.”
- 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. – The Rick Lewis Project. 103.5 The Fox DJ Rick Lewis has launched his namesake band with a stable of talented musicians to bring the same collection of rock and blues songs fans of his previous band, Groove Hawgs, would enjoy.
- 9:30 p.m. Last Call
- 10 p.m. CLOSED
- Hours 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Bad Candy, an acoustic trio that has made a name for themselves throughout the South Denver Metro area.
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. – Black Jack Canyon Band featuring Bob McCormick and his crew, who are back again to provide classical rock and pop songs that will close out the entertainment portion of the BBQ.
- 5 p.m. BBQ Awards Ceremony
- 6:30 p.m. last call
- 7:00 CLOSED
Who will be there??? Here is the BBQ’er Lineup for 2015
Lost Weekend Grill
Big Poppa Smokes
Burnin’ Bob’s Butts n Bones
Belly Run N’ BBQ
Crazy Coyote BBQ
Stars and Stripes BBQ
Crazy Heifer BBQ
Rub N’ Wood
Thunder Hill BBQ
Big Daddy’s Texas BBQ
3 Lil’ Mac’s BBQ
Clark Crew BBQ
Bracken Racks BBQ
Q Live Crew BBQ
Bad Andy’s BBQ
Why Don’t we get drunk and Q
The Celtic Pig
Chicken Butt BBQ Utah
Dad’s BBQ and Grill
Buck Creek BBQ
We’re Burning Daylight
Smoke N Paradise
4 Legs Up BBQ
Scott’s BBQ Shack
Pig in a Pit BBQ
Big Brimm BBQ
Big Daddy’s Backyard BBQ
SMOKIN BREW BBQ LOCATION
Parker’s PACE Center , Downtown Parker (intersection of Mainstreet and Pine Drive) – Just 2 blocks East of previous years location.
Parker Arts Culture & Events (PACE) Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Ave, Parker, CO 80138
HOW TO GET HERE
PACE Center is conveniently located in Old Town Parker, three blocks east of S. Parker Road on Mainstreet. There is ample parking in the immediate area. Click here for Google Map East Mainstreet is 11.7 miles south of I-225 Exit #4 (Parker Rd, HY 83) Or, 8.9 miles north on Parker Rd from HY 86.
Toll: You no longer have to stop at toll booths on E-470. Tolls are billed via onboard transponder or a photo of your license plate is taken and you will be billed.Exit I-25 at Exit #194, east on E-470 (toll way) for 4.5 miles. Exit on Exit #5 south on S. Parker Rd (HY 83) for 2.6 miles. Turn left (east) on Mainstreet for 2 blocks. PACE Center is on the left.
Non-Toll: Exit I-25 at Exit #192, Ridgegate, east on Ridgegate which becomes Mainstreet, for approximately 5 miles. Cross Parker Rd. on Mainstreet and go 2 blocks.PACE Center is
Admission is FREE, Food, Beer and wine tickets are on sale for $1 per ticket. Cash ONLY! There is an ATM on site.
Tips for enjoying the BBQ:
- Drink responsibly and make sure your group has a designated driver
- Have a meeting place in case you get separated
- Don’t leave children unattended
- The concrete is HOT. Don’t bring your dogs in the heat of the day.
Parker Lodging Options
- Hampton Inn Parker – www.hamptoninn.com 19010 East Cottonwood Drive, Parker – (303) 841-2977
- Super 8-Parker – www.super8.com 6230 East Pine Lane, Parker – (720) 851-2644
- Holiday Inn Parker – www.hiselect.com 19308 Cottonwood Drive, Parker – (303) 248-2147
For more information about the BBQ Festival in Parker visit the website www.smokinbrewbbq.com
The Cherry Creek Valley Rotary Club of Parker is part of the glue that binds this community together. They are responsible for supporting and organizing events like:
- Provide dictionaries to every third grader at seven local elementary schools
- Provide US Constitutions to fifth graders through Liberty Day Project
- Award a grant matched with District 5450 funds to Project Sanctuary, a local charity that provides free therapeutic mountain retreats to military families
- Put on Trick or Treat on Mainstreet for over 6,000 local kids in a safe, controlled environment
- Participate in matching grants to Parker Task Force and Douglas/Elbert Task Force
- Sponsor 9-11 breakfast for Parker Fire Fighters and Police
- Provide audio visual equipment and volunteer support to Douglas County Support Center
- Donate a bench to the Parker PACE Center
- Donate an audio system for Parker Downtown Mainstreet (pending)
- Send 4 kids to Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) camps
- Sponsor a foreign exchange student for a year in Parker
- Support Homes for Our Troops and Kids for Our Troops to help build homes for our disabled veterans
- Fund a water project and an audiology project in Ghana (pending)
- Provide a disaster relief shelter box to be deployed in one of the countries struck by a natural catastrophe
- Contribute to Polio Plus to continue the fight to eliminate polio worldwide
- Fund a water project in Africa (pending)
- Sponsor a Rotary Group Study Exchange couple