Summer entertainment at your own PACE
- June 23 - VOICES! tribute to show choirs and the TV hit “Glee” celebrating the songs of summer
- June 29-30 - Sacred Spaces dance collaboration with Zikr Dance Ensemble, Museum of Outdoor Art and Denver Ballet Theatre
- July 1 - Bare Feet and Spanish Soles Kim Robards Dance and Fiesta Colorado Dance Company
- July 7 - Colorado Symphony Orchestra: Mixed Ensembles of strings, percussion and much more with a patriotic twist
- July 13 - Colorado Wind Ensemble Summer Olympics Salute
- July 14 - Denver Brass and vocalist Steve Taylor Summer’s Eve
- July 20 - Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra with Neil Bridge 7+ Big Band
- July 21 - Sulphur Gulch Blues Festival featuring The Bluzinators, Cedar Avenue Blues Band and the Jack Hadley Band
- July 27-28 & Aug 3-4 Fiddler on the Roof community theater in partnership with Parker Theatre Academy and in association with Parker United Methodist Church
“Many of the shows highlight collaborations between local artists and organizations, such as Sacred Spaces on June 29 and 30,” said Cultural Director Jeannene Bragg.
A joint effort between Zikr Dance Ensemble, the Museum of Outdoor Art and Denver Ballet Theater, Sacred Spaces features a classic David Taylor piece, two world premieres and two of the G.I. Gurdjieff sacred movements.
“We’ve found a great partner in the Arvada Center for summer shows that will also be appearing at their Centerfest,” said Bragg.
The performance by Fiesta Colorado and Kim Robards Dance opens at the Arvada Center on June 28 and travels to the PACE Center on July 1, allowing audiences all over the metro area easy access to this group’s work. “We are also jointly presenting the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, Colorado Wind Ensemble, Denver Brass and Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra with Centerfest.”
Fiddler on the Roof is a community theater production that allows locals to get involved in the summer season. Auditions for Fiddler on the Roof are June 4 and 5. Performers of all ages and talents are needed and families are encouraged to audition. Call 303.805.3364 to schedule an audition appointment. Those auditioning must prepare a thirty-second song from Fiddler on the Roof and be prepared to learn a simple dance and read from the script.
Tickets for the summer line-up will be available on April 30 at www.PACEcenteronline.org or 303.805.6800.