Three residents are running for Mayor of Parker Lisa Coe is one of the two current town council people running in the November 2012 election. Each candidate was invited to place an article here to educate residents about their platforms. Feel free to ask questions in the comments below.
Fiscal Responsibility and Transparency
- -Ensuring responsible use of taxpayer money for the citizens of Parker.
- -Living within our means—not adding debt while draining our reserves.
Ensuring Safety for Parker Citizens
- -Supporting our Police Department to ensure they have tools and officers needed to keep citizens safe.
- -Set aside more funding for our Public Works department as they work to maintain our aging facilities, equipment and streets.
Preserving our Hometown Feel
- -Taking care of our citizens is priority number one.
- -Advance planning to ensure that our roads and infrastructure are designed to accommodate our growing community while maintaining the character and charm of Parker.
- -Parker needs to create a more friendly business environment to attract and retain small businesses.
Since 2008 Lisa Coe has served as:
- -Liaison to Parker Task Force
- -Liaison to The Parker Planning Commission
- -Liaison to The Parker Water Board
- -Liaison to The Parker Senior Center
- -Liaison to the Parker Area Historical Commission
- -Liaison to the Cultural Commission
- -Committee member for planning Council planning retreat/strategic planning sessions
- -All strategic planning sessions have been held in Town of Parker facilities since I was elected.
- -Committee member to review the compensation and performance of the Town Administrator, Lawyer, and Judge
- Bachelor of Arts, Metropolitan State College of Denver, 1993
- Masters of Arts, Grand Canyon University, 2008
Please go to coe4mayor.com for more about me and my priorities.
Candidates for Parker Town Council:
Candidates for the Parker Mayor November 2012
Ask the candidates questions in the comments below each free listing linked above.