Holiday Events for friends and family in Douglas County
There are so many things to do this holiday season in the area, it’s hard to keep track. Hopefully this list of “things to do” for this weekend will help you to create your new simpler Christmas holiday traditions. This year many residents are working to reduce the getting and increase the giving, not of things necessarily, but your time, attention and care to those in your life that really matter the most. Lets step back to smell the holly instead of rushing from store to store buying things instead of memories.
Below you will find a few things that are quite inexpensive and that you can enjoy with your loved one’s.
- Turkey Day 5K Fun Run / Walk
- Castle Rock Starlighting
- Mayor’s Tree Lighting at O’Brien Park
- Horse drawn carraige rides in Parker Colorado Enjoy this quaint little town just South of Metro Denver. See the slide show and more information here
- Community Messiah Performances (you can still join the 100 voice choir)
- Breakfast with Santa at the Wildlife Experience
Dates: December 14, 21, 23 & 24, 2013 - Time: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The North Pole has informed The Wildlife Experience that Santa Claus will be making four stops at the museum in December to enjoy a breakfast with you and yours and to jot down everyone’s wish list!
Kids will enjoy a yummy breakfast of waffles and sausage while parents indulge in eggs, sausage, and hash browns. All tables will have a delicious warm corn bread muffins, orange juice, coffee and tea. And, for the adults, bloody marys and mimosas are available for an additional charge.
After finishing up the fancy holiday fare, kids will have a chance to make festive crafts! Make sure to bring your camera so you can get a photo while your kids give their lists to Santa in person this year.
- Highlands Ranch Christmas Market is in it’s final weekend. There will be unique handmade gift items, traditional Christmas foods for gifts or your family meal along with favorite vendors from the summer Highlands Ranch farmers market.
- Winter WonderLights runs nightly, December 11-24 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. (last ticket will be sold at 8p.m.) Map and details.
- Martini & A Movie at the Wildlife Experience
- The Annual Nutcracker of Parker - December 19 – 22