Holiday Events for friends and family in Douglas County South Metro Denver Colorado this weekend Friday December 18th, Saturday December 19th and Sunday December 20th.
There are so many things to do this holiday season in the area, it’s hard to keep track. Hopefully this list of “things to do” for this weekend will help you to create your new simpler Christmas holiday traditions. 2009 is the year that most residents in Colorado are working to reduce the getting and increase the giving, not of things necessarily, but your time, attention and care to those in your life that really matter the most. Lets step back to smell the holly instead of rushing from store to store buying things instead of memories.
Below you will find a few things that are quite inexpensive and that you can enjoy with your loved one’s.
- Horse drawn carraige rides in Parker Colorado for only $5 a piece. Enjoy this quaint little town just South of Metro Denver. See the slide show and more information here
- Friday Only Songstresses, Liz Clark and Tessa Perry will be teaming up for a special evening of harmonies, songs and stories at Kunjani Coffea in Parker CO Dec 18th at 6:30 p.m. Details and map here
- Highlands Ranch Christmas Market is in it’s final weekend. There will be unique handmade gift items, traditional Chrismtas foods for gifts or your family meal along with favorite vendors from the summer Highlands Ranch farmers market.
- Winter WonderLights runs nightly, December 11-24 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. (last ticket will be sold at 8p.m.) Map and details.
- The 6th Annual Nutcracker of Parker returns once again this Christmas Season. 4 performances on Satuday December 19 and Sunday December 20
- Santa Paws is coming to your town and there is one weekend left to get a fabulous keepsake photo of the Christmas holidays and help support Every Creature Counts a local Colorado no-kill animal shelter in the process.
- Go as a family to see Blind Side… (you signed up for the $5 Buck club.. right?) This movie is absolutely wonderful and shows the spirit of giving better than any I’ve seen in a long time.