Tails are Waggin’ for Barker Days 2012!
Barker Days in Parker
Tails Start Waggin’ for Barker Days!
This exciting Parker Recreation event welcomes hundreds of dogs with their owners and features a temporary dog park in the O’Brien Park ball field and H2O’Brien Pool, dog demonstrations, contests and dog-related vendors.
September 8, 2012
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
O’Brien Park, 10795 Victorian Dr.
You do not need to be a dog owner to enjoy this event. Our family attends every year and had such a blast watching the pure joy radiating off of the dogs especially the labs and retrievers that were swimming in the pool. The dog in the photo we took above often had 2 or 3 tennis balls in his mouth at a time.
Dog owners get even more rewards as there are all sorts of free giveaways and samples in the vendor area and if you are thinking about getting a dog there are several rescue and fostering organizations on had to answer any and all questions.
Parker Parks and Recreation goes to the dogs…
- ~ Doggie paddle in the neutralized, dog-only pool
- ~ Chase balls and frisbees in the baseball fields
- ~ Check out the agility course and demonstrations
- ~ Littly guys can romp in the small dog play area
- ~ Rug noses with local, dog-friendly businesses
Barker Days Registration
$6 per resident dog, $8 per non-resident dog; human friends are free!
Due to the popularity of this event, it is highly recommended that you pre-register online or at the Recreation Center, 303.841.4500.
Dogs who pre-register will have expedited check-in and receive a “doggie bag” of treats. For additional event information, contact Meagan Nakashima at 303.805.3274 or by email.
Register HERE! For additional information, contact Event Coordinator, Meagan Nakashima at 303.805.3274 or by email. For sponsorship and vendor information, please contact Jaime Stevens at 303.805.3267 or by email.
Barker Days Doggie Rules & Guidelines
- Dogs must wear a current rabies tag and ID tag at all times.
- Leashes are required outside of the fenced event area and should be kept handy at all times as the dogs play.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their own dogs; disposable bags will be provided.
- All dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older. Please, no more than two dogs per adult. Kids are welcome at the event, but may not be solely responsible for any dog and should be closely supervised.
- Dogs in heat, puppies under four months or who have not had final shots, aggressive dogs and dogs who are sick may not attend.
- The owner of any dog displaying mounting behavior must immediately leash and remove the dog from the situation.
- Owners are liable for their pets and are responsible for keeping their dogs within event boundaries.