AUDITIONS! AUDITIONS! AUDITIONS!
The Parker Arts Council Presents: Anne of Greene Gables
All actors must provide the following :
- A current headshot or photograph
- A resume
- A copy of the Actor Information form at the end of packet
Auditions will be cold readings from the script.
Callbacks will be held Friday, July 13th if needed. If you are unable to attend the scheduled audition dates please contact the director, Jennie Johnson at 303.693.2727 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anne of Green Gables performance dates and times:
- September 29 and October 6 – 3 & 7 p.m.
- September 30 and October 7 – 3 p.m.
Mainstreet Center 19650 E. Mainstreet Parker, CO 80138
Anne of Green Gables
Adapted by: Anita Larsen
Based on the novel Anne of Green Gables by: L.M. Montgomery
When elderly Marilla Cuthberth and her shy brother Matthew decide to adopt an orphan to help with farm work in early 1900s Canada, they expect a boy to arrive at the train station. Instead, a talkative, imaginative girl with fiery red hair and a taste for romance shows up — Anne (with an E) Shirley. What use will she be to them? asks reserve Marilla. But tender-hearted Matthew feels they might be of some use to Anne. It turns out that all three are much more than useful to one another — they’re as vital as breathing.
Anne of Green Gables
Cast of Characters
- ANNE SHIRLEY: Anne is a vivacious, red- headed girl with a big heart and an even bigger vocabulary. This role will be double cast. Young Anne needs to be in the age range of 11-13. Teenage Anne will be between 16 and 18 years old.
- MARILLA CUTHBERT: A stern, but loving old maid in her late 50′s or early 60′s.
- RACHEL LYNDE: Mrs. Lynde knows everybody and their business. She comes across as intimidating, but her heart is usually in the right place. She is in her late 50′s or early 60′s.
- JOSIE PYE: An 11-13 year old girl who likes to push Anne’s buttons.
- RUBY GILLIS: An 11-13 year old girl and friend of Anne.
- JANE ANDREWS: An 11-13 year old girl and friend of Anne.
- DIANA BARRY: An 11-13 year old girl who is Anne’s best and dearest friend.
- MINNIE MAY BARRY: Dianna’s 5-7 year old sister.
- PRISSY ANDREWS: A student who is 14-17years old. She is preparing for her entrance to teachers college and is in love with her teacher Mr. Phillips.
- ELLIE BOULTER: A student at Avonlea School 7-10years old.
- MISS STACY: Avonlea’s new 20 something school teacher with new fangled ideas.
- MATTHEW CUTHBERT: A very shy, but hardworking farmer in his late 50′s or early 60′s who is charmed by Anne.
- GILBERT BLYTHE: The cutest boy in school! He loves to tease the girls, especially Anne. Gilbert is 13-15 years old.
- MR. PHILLIPS: Avonlea’s 20 something school teacher. He spends much of his time with Prissy Andrews.
- DR. BLAIR,PEDDLER,ICE CREAM MAN: These roles will be given to one actor. They can be any age.
- MARTIN ROSS: The handy man at Green Gables. He can be any age.
- CHARLIE SLOAN: A boy at Avonlea school is 11-13 years old.
- BOY IN CLASS #1: A boy at Avonlea school is 11-13 years old.
- BOY IN CLASS #1: A boy at Avonlea school is 13-15 years old.
- TOMMY SLOAN: A boy at Avonlea school is 7-10 years old.
- TIMMY ANDREWS: A boy at Avonlea school is 7-10 years old.
- Oktoberfest – Sep 15th and 16th at O’Brien Park
Vendors and Volunteers are welcome.
- Anne of Green Gables – Auditions/July – Production/Sep and Oct
- A Christmas Carol – Auditions/Sep – Production in Dec
- After the Mayor’s Tree Lighting performers are needed for the Annual Downtown Carriage Rides
You are asked to contact the Parker Arts Council if you are interested in helping with any of these programs.
Parker Arts Council, is an organization dedicated ”To provide opportunities for cultural enrichment through participation, education and outreach to the local community”. The PAC is an independent organizationnot associated with the Town of Parker. We receive no financial support from the Town. Our funding comes from cash sponsorships or In-Kind services. As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization we have been fortunate to receive some funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) through an annual Grant process during the pasts eight years. Past partnerships and contributions from local businesses has enabled us to enhance our current cultural events and assist us in developing new cultural activities within the Town of Parker and parts of the Douglas County community.
This is no small feat and the council this year is offering an internship program for high school students from sophomore through senior year.
The internship program provides students the opportunity to work for a period of 12 months earning a $500.00 stipend at the completion of the program.
The board of the Parker Arts Council will also be happy to write letters of recognition and recommendation for the youth to use for college or future job applications. The Parker Arts Council has immediate openings for students to apply for their internship program.
Douglas County schools require a certain amount of community service hours to graduate and volunteering for any of these projects can be used towards completion of those hours.